The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) is committed to the advancement of surgical technology and surgical assisting, as well as the continuing education of individuals entering and working within the profession. The 2015 NBSTSA Scholarship Program is designed to assist students in pursuing their education via NBSTSA recognized surgical technology and surgical assisting programs. The 2015 program includes $1000 (full) and $500 (partial) scholarship awards. Scholarships are awarded annually prior to the AST National Conference.
You must be currently enrolled in a CAAHEP or ABHES accredited surgical technology or surgical first assisting program at the time of applying in order to be eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Completed and signed application (section two must be completed by the program director or their designee).
- Proof of attendance at an NBSTSA recognized surgical technology or surgical assisting program.
- Official transcript verifying your cumulative GPA (based on a 4.0 scale).
- Submission of an original essay, minimum 700 words (maximum 1,000 words), describing how this award will assist you in reaching your educational objectives and the ultimate goal of being a surgical technology or surgical assistant practitioner. Essays must be typed or word-processed.
- Letter of recommendation from a mentor/preceptor related to the student’s educational process evaluating the student’s potential for a career in the profession of surgical technology or surgical assisting.
Scholarship applications will not be considered unless completely filled out, signed, and accompanied by all appropriate supporting documentation. Application must be received by March 31, 2015.
Send the completed application with supporting documentation to:
6 West Dry Creek Circle Suite 100
Littleton, CO 80120
Please note: writeable PDF files cannot be saved. You will need to complete and print the application before you exit the page or lose what you have typed.