The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) is committed to the advancement of surgical technology and surgical assisting, as well as the continuing education of individuals entering and working within the profession. The 2015 NBSTSA Scholarship Program is designed to assist students in pursuing their education via NBSTSA recognized surgical technology and surgical assisting programs. The 2015 program includes $1000 (full) and $500 (partial) scholarship awards. Scholarships are awarded annually prior to the AST National Conference.
You must be currently enrolled in a CAAHEP or ABHES accredited surgical technology or surgical first assisting program at the time of applying in order to be eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Completed and signed application (section 2 must be completed by the program director or their designee).
- Enrollment in a surgical technology or surgical first assisting program recognized by the NBSTSA (either CAAHEP or ABHES accredited).
- Official transcript verifying your cumulative GPA, based on a 4.0 scale.
- Submission of an original essay, minimum 750 words (maximum 1,000), describing your financial need and how this award will assist you in reaching your educational objectives and the ultimate goal of becoming a surgical technologist or surgical first assistant practitioner. This essay must be typed or word processed.
- Letter of recommendation from a mentor or preceptor related to the applicant’s educational process, evaluating them for a potential career in either the surgical technology or surgical first assisting professions. NOTE: Must be a different person than the individual who fills out section 2 of this application.
Because transcripts must be official (sealed), the scholarship application can only be submitted by mail. Applications will not be considered unless completely filled out, signed and accompanied by all appropriate supporting documentation.
Applications must be received in the office no later than March 31, 2016. Postmarks will not be taken into account.
Send the completed application with supporting documentation to:
6 West Dry Creek Circle, Suite #100
Littleton, CO 80120
Please note: writeable PDF files cannot be saved. You will need to complete and print the application before you exit the page or you will lose what you have typed.