Card Request/Name Change Forms

Name Change

To change your name in our database, all individuals who have taken an examination with the NBSTSA must submit a Name Change and/or Replacement Form by online or by mail and a provide a copy of one of the following legal documents:

  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce decree (only the page regarding your name change and page with the official seal are necessary)
  • Driver’s license
  • Passport
  • Social security card
  • Court order or naturalization paperwork.

The easiest and fastest way to submit your name change is through your online portal.  Please use the login button in the upper right menu of this page to login to your profile.  Click "Maintenance Applications" in the middle of the page, and click "Begin" to start the submission of your name change request.  You'll be able to securely upload supporting documents right through the portal, and we will process for you. 

There is no charge to change your name, but if you wish to have new documents issued, there will be a small charge. Forms that do not require payment may be faxed to (303) 325-2536.  

Be sure to let us know if you have an open Authorization To Test (ATT) period so that we can notify the testing company of your name change. If your documents do not match the name on file, you will not be able to gain entrance to the examination.

If you are submitting an Examination or Renewal Application at the same time as requesting a name change, you may skip the name change form  and simply include one the legal documents with the renewal application, which should be filled out and signed with the new name and have the former name written in the space provided.

Replacement Certificate or Card


Print Your Own Certificate Now

Remember, you may print a new copy of your certificate free of charge, at any time, by logging in to your profile through the login button.  Click "my account" at the top of the page after logging in and you can print an official copy of your certificate directly on that page just by clicking a button. 

If you do not wish to pay for replacements but need to prove that you are certified, you may verify your credential by clicking the link below:

Click here to verify certification

You may also use the link above to print or order an official verification letter for your employer.