After your identification has been confirmed, you will be directed to a testing carrel. You will be instructed on-screen to enter your Social Security or identification number. You will take your photograph which will remain on screen throughout your examination session. This photograph will also print on your score report. Prior to attempting the examination, you will be given the opportunity to practice taking an examination on the computer. The time you use for this practice examination is NOT counted as part of your examination time or score. When you are comfortable with the computer testing process, you may quit the practice session and begin the timed examination. You will be allowed four hours to take the examination. You should notify the assessment center manager when you have completed your test. Scoring of your examination will take place within 5 minutes. You should receive a preliminary pass/fail report prior to leaving the Assessment Center. Official score reports will arrive from the NBSTSA within 2 weeks.
The NBSTSA and PSI/AMP maintain examination administration and security standards that are designed to assure that all candidates are provided the same opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. The Assessment Center is continuously monitored by audio and video surveillance equipment for security purposes. All examination questions are the copyrighted property of the NBSTSA. It is forbidden under federal copyright law to copy, reproduce, record, distribute and/or display these examination questions by any means, in whole or in part. Candidates are not permitted to discuss examination contents or remove examination materials from the testing sites at any time. Doing so may subject you to severe civil and criminal penalties.
Test Center Rules
- No textbooks, notes, or study materials of any kind are allowed in the testing room.
- No personal items, valuables, or weapons are allowed in the Assessment Center. Only keys and wallets may be taken into the testing room. NBSTSA & PSI/AMP are not responsible for items left in the reception area. Use of a cellular phone or other electronic devices is strictly prohibited and will result in dismissal from the examination.
- Pencils will be provided during check-in. You will be provided with scratch paper to use during the examination. You must sign and return the scratch paper to the supervisor at the completion of testing, or you will not receive a score report. No documents or notes of any kind may be removed from the examination room. If you need a second piece of scratch paper, you need to ask the test proctor for another piece of paper and turn in the one you used before.
- No questions concerning the content of the examination may be asked during the examination.
- The examination is four hours in length. You may take a break whenever you wish, but you will not be allowed additional time to make up for time lost during breaks.
To gain admission to the Assessment Center, a candidate needs to present TWO forms of identification, one with a current photograph. Both forms of identification must be current (not expired) and include the candidate’s current name and signature. No forms of temporary identification will be accepted. The candidate will be required to sign a roster for verification of identity. Candidates are prohibited from misrepresenting their identities or falsifying information to obtain admission to the Assessment Center.
Acceptable forms of identification include a current:
- Driver’s license with photograph
- State identification card with photograph
- Military identification card with photograph
- Social security card, employment ID card and student ID card (NOT acceptable as primary identification, but may be used as secondary identification).
The name on the primary and secondary identification must match the name on the Authorization to Test letter.
If you do not have the required identification, PSI/AMP staff members will deny admission to the test and all testing fees will be forfeited, since an appointment was made for you.